Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25, 2010 - Emergency Room?

Ah, good morning from Alexandria, VA! I'm typing to you from the kitchen table at our new friend Jess's house. We just feasted on pancakes, bacon (not me, though), eggs and french pressed coffee. I love me some french pressed coffee. Mmmmm...

 

This is Jess working on the orange juice, and Caitlin. Jess let me use her bathroom to shower this morning so that I could have a clean, girl-friendly place to clean up. I like her. Thank you, Jess!

 

The show yesterday at the Ottobar in Baltimore was pretty fun. You missed out, Trash Talk.

 

It was nice to have a real backstage to hang out in. I also enjoyed all of the punk rock folk art on the walls. Wade made his own little contribution.

 

It was a very, very early show. Load in was at 1pm and Therefore I Am went on at 3:30.

 

I'd like to say to the clubs of the world... Nobody likes poles that run through the stage. Seriously. This photo could have been epic if Jim wasn't stuck behind a huge POLE.

 

 

This dood is a Therefore I Am super fan. He knew every word and was stoked for the whole set. You, my dood, are awesome.

 

 

American Nightmare cover : always a crowd pleaser.

 

 

 

We had to load gear out immediately after the set because there was another show booked directly after ours. Loading out in daylight... kinda weird.

 

The place was packed and sweaty when La Dispute took the stage. It was actually pretty tough to wriggle my way through the crowd to snap a few photos.

 

 

 

I wound up bailing before the end of their set because it was so crowded. Check out what I stumbled upon when I returned to the backstage area:

 

Sweet hangs in the smoking room.

 

 

The place was packed from front to back when Alexisonfire hopped on stage.

 

 

... a little breather before an encore ...

 

Dallas serenaded Brian. Adorable.

 

 

After the show a bunch of us went out to eat, since it was still so early. The original plan was for all of us to go to Olive Garden, but nobody called ahead. So, a few of us went to Olive Garden and the rest went to Applebees, where the sports fans could watch the TVs in the bar area. I went with Olive Garden. I still feel stuffed. Ugh.

 

This guy right here is Stu. He's Alexisonfire's tour manager. He may look thin, but this guy can eat. He ate his appetizers, entree AND dessert! Tiramisu... Yeah, man.

Baltimore... 'Twas fun. Now I'm gonna wrap this up because it's 1:30 and we have to drive a couple hours to Richmond for a 4pm load in. I'm excited for tonight because I get to see my friends Myke and Amir! I'm hoping for a dance party. Cross your fingers for me...

No comments: