Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24, 2010 - At The Ottobar in Baltimore, MD

It's an overcast day here in Baltimore, MD. Kinda warm, kinda cool. Kinda ghetto area where the Ottobar is situated. I'm in the super secret upstairs backstage area behind the thickest door ever. There used to be a bank in this building, so it's one of those old vault doors. Check out the sweet office I've scored for myself today:

 

The last couple of days have been pretty awesome. The clubs were bigger than we've grown accustomed to and packed full of people. The crowd was roughly 700 strong at Saint Andrew's Hall in Detroit on Thursday and seemed excited to be there when Therefore I Am took the stage around 6:30pm.

  

 

Up next was La Dispute. Fun to watch, but man are they tough to shoot! Perhaps they will be my big photo challenge for the tour...

 

 

This is Juice. He's Alexisonfire's merch maestro. He's Canadian.

 

... and this is Serge, their guitar tech, hard at work ...

 

... and this is Alexisonfire doing what they do in the Motor City.

 

 

Detroit was a good time, but Buffalo was great! Some of our friends from the Kingdoms tour made the trip across the border to hang at the Town Ballroom. In this photo is my lovely friend, Carol. She's Bike Rack's (Kingdom's tour manager) mom. She let us take over her house for a few days and fed us and treated us like family. The only thing she asked was that we introduce her to Dallas Green. Mission accomplished.

 

Here she is again with Wade from Alexisonfire and daughter, Joanne, who's probably going to kill me for posting another photo with her in it. Ha!

 

When in Rome... or ya know, Buffalo.

 

Paul from Kingdoms also made the trip across the border with his lovely lady, Taylor, to hang out for the evening. Sweet Zoolander Blue Steel face, Brian.

 

Alex and Trav gave a little interview for Rock the Walls Radio backstage.

 

Meanwhile, La Dispute kicked off the sold out show. 1,000 screaming show-goers. Whoah, dood.

 

I swear I'm going to get decent shots of these guys before the end of tour.

 

Therefore I Am played second last night. Look how excited and professional Chris is!

 

Between the band and the audience, there was so much energy; it was seriously electric! Alex literally made a running start and launched himself over the barricade and into the crowd! If I had had any idea that was going to happen, I would have been ready and waiting with my camera. But I had no clue, so you'll just have to believe me when I say that it was pretty epic.

 

Our friend Hutton from Kingdoms popped on stage for a little cameo.

 

This is what a sold out thousand-person audience looks like. Not too shabby.

 

Backstage hangs with La Dispute.

 

Alex needed a little time to cool off. Modesty is not in his vocabulary. I have no idea what's wrong with Hutton.

 

Paul creeped out Alex for a minute there. I think he was still pantsless at this time. Maybe that had something to do with it.

 

If you're looking for Travis, you can typically find him doing one of two things: talking on the phone, or working on his computer.

 

... and then Alexisonfire took the stage.

 

 

 

 

That's a pretty sweet shirt ya got there, Wade. :)

 

Buffalo was such a great night! Between friends visiting and the show being sold out and all of the energy that comes with a packed house, I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. I'm excited to see how this tour will pan out!

It's just about 3:30pm now and Therefore I Am should be taking the stage any minute. Off I go!

No comments: