Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010

Hello from inside the van! We're parked behind the venue in Sudbury, ON because this is the only spot with a little wifi action. Well, at least it's quiet, right? No, I take that back. Chris, Brian and Jim are here and they're talking and I can't concentrate. Ugh!

So where did we leave off in the last blog? Ah, yes, St. Catharine! Pretty good show, and some very hilarious moments on stage and off. Chris really loves Kingdoms.

 

I have no idea where it came from, but someone had this magenta toy guitar and it became the greatest thing ever on our walk to find food before leaving town. Hutton, Bike Rack and Chuck from the Kingdoms camp were tossing the guitar back and forth, leaping off walls and rocking out in the middle of the empty road, squealing "MEW-WAAAW!" I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

 

We stayed in Mississauga, ON with Bike Rack's family after the show. I loved hanging out with his mom and sister.

 

I also LOVE their cat! Look at this guy!

 

From there we drove to the show in Guelph, ON, where a few of the Kingdoms kids are from. It was there that Jim and Hutton fell in dood love.

 

Cool photo of little Brett during sound check. I made him pose.

 

Hutton was on vocal rest before show time, so he was communicating by typing things out and showing them to whoever he was talking to. This particular statement was very true; it says, "My personality is not conducive to silence."

 

When I found out a little while back that Paul has a baby I made him promise that when we had a show in his hometown (Guelph) that I would get to meet and photograph him. I was so excited to finally see the wee one!

 

Brett was considering stealing the baby. I don't think he was really into that idea.

 

From Guelph, myself and a few of the doods in Therefore I Am opted to drive back into Toronto to go to a 90s hip hop night at Sneaky Dee's. Free drinks and some serious jams... Would you pass that up?

 

We stayed that night with our friend Travis. He's the guy that hooked us up with the free drinks and fun times. I was definitely glad we made the trip back.

 

As luck would have it, our friend AJ, who we know from Warped Tour, lives in Toronto and our other friend, Dylan, who we also know from Warped just happened to be in town on a different tour. So we all met up back at Sneaky Dee's for brunch.

 

There are few things I love more than unexpected hangs with friends who just happen to be in the same place at the same time.

 

After our little family brunch we headed off to Oshawa, ON for a show at The Groove Lounge. There's always plenty of time to kill before showtime. This is what it looks like:

 

... and then it's showtime ...

 

Check out the kid freaking out in the front. He's actually the drummer from Counterparts, one of the opening bands. A good American Nightmare cover can have that affect, I suppose.

 

And then Kingdoms played their set... just for Brian.

 

 

I was a little concerned when I went to check on Alex at the merch table and found this guy hanging around:

 

I know, he made me nervous, too. But I decided to just leave him be and keep an eye on him. Merch sales weren't too badly affected. Ha!

From there, we headed back into Toronto again to try to meet back up with Dylan, and some other friends of ours on the same tour, Larry and the Envy On The Coast doods. They are all Warped Tour friends of mine and I was sooooo excited to get to see them! Even if it was just for an hour. No photos to share, unfortunately. It was such a whirlwind visit, but it really made my night!

So yes... I am really enjoying this Canadian adventure. Making new friends, bumping into old friends, creating all new memories. Life is good. Only a few shows left before this leg of the tour ends and we have to say goodbye to Kingdoms. I'm not really looking forward to that, but I am stoked for the Alexisonfire tour... ah, bittersweet.

Alright, time to go back indoors. It's actually getting pretty cold here in the van!

Until next time...

No comments: